Nombre de visiteurs

Life

Life is short and there is not much you can do about it but you can make it as wide as you want.

mardi 22 septembre 2009

June 20, 2007

J’ai repare le guindeau partiellement car la renverse ne fonctionne pas encore mais je n’en ai pas reellement besoin pour jeter l’ancre. Ca peux donc attendre. La coque est nettoye et les provisions sont faites. Je part donc pour Grenade a la premiere heure le lendemain matin et j’arrive a Prickly Bay qui est a l’extremite Ouest de Grenade a 11 :00 am. Guy et Nicole de Blue Tang (Hallberg Rassy 42) qui sont deja la viennent a ma rencontre pour me guider et m’aider a ancrer. Vive les amis…

I partially fixed the windlass. The reverse still doesn’t work but I don’t really need it to drop the anchor. It will have to wait another time. The bottom is clean and the grocery is done. I am ready to leave for Grenada. I pulled the anchor at first daylight on the following morning and arrived at Prickly Bay wich is at the West end of Grenada, at 11:00 am. Guy and Nicole of Blue Tang (Hallberg Rassy 42) are already there and they come to meet me to guide me and help me anchor. It’s good to have friends…

Aussitot installe je me rends a la marina pour verifier s’il leur reste de la place pour entreposer le bateau. Ils sont tres gentils, les intallations sont bonnes et ils me proposent de sortir le bateau de l’eau le Lundi suivant a 2 :00hrs pm. J’accepte immediatement. C’est un gros probleme de regle car je ne voulais pas continuer jusqu'à Trinidad. Je commence deja a relaxer.

As soon as I am properly anchored I run to the marina to check if they still have storage space available for my boat. They are very nice people, they have good installations and suggest to haulout on the following Monday at 2:00pm. I accept immediately. It is a big problem that is resolved because I didn’t want to continue on to Trinidad. I’am already starting to relax.

Une fois le bateau sorti de l’eau, j’ai passé la semaine a le nettoyer et le preparer pour un carenage de 3 mois avec possibilite d’une tempete tropicale. J’ai aussi achete mon billet d’avion pour Mardi le 12 Juin. Marielle est venue me rejoindre a Montreal le Mercredi le 13. Nous y passerons une semaine puis nous retournerons a Halifax.

Once the boat was on the hard, I spent the week cleaning it and preparing it for a 3 months storage with the possibility of a tropical storm. I also purchased my airplane ticket for Tuesday June the 12 th . Marielle flew from Halifax to meet me in Montreal on the 13 th . We will spend a week in Montreal and return to Halifax.